The City of Tours was founded in the first century on the left bank of the Loire River.
In the Middle Ages, two distinct areas developed: The City around the unsinkable mound of the cathedral area and the area of Châteauneuf, also known as the old city, around a huge collegiate dedicated to Saint Martin.
Royal Capital from 1440 to 1520, Tours saw at the end of the Middle-Ages and at the beginning of the Renaissance, the rebuilding of practically all its urban houses. At that time of flourishing growth, the City inherited from a homogenous block of former houses and religious buildings which will be discovered during this tour.
Rendez-vous : in front of the Tourist Office, 78-82 Rue Bernard Palissy, Tours
Duration : 2 hours.
Please be there 10 minutes before the departure.
Free for children under twelve (contact-us : 02 47 70 37 37).