From 165€ / Jump into the heart of French history and visit the 2 must-see castles of Loire Valley in one great day. Enjoy great views thanks to your local guide and learn funny anecdotes about the French Kings.
For lunch, feel the intimacy of a charming family-owned chateau where you will meet the owner and enjoy a traditional and local meal.
9.00am: Start at the Tourist Office in Tours, get in the minivan, off to Château de Chambord! More than a castle, this work of art is a glorious historical place that will take you to the heart of the Loire Valley: your guide will make this trip back in time a fun and captivating experience. He will select for you the most emblematic rooms to visit and share with you all his knowledge and memorable anecdotes. He will point to hidden details of interest, and will show you to breathtaking views of the chateau.
For lunch, you will enjoy tasty local food in a charming and private Loire Valley château. Hosted by the French Countess who lives there permanently, indulge in the nice and cozy atmosphere and feel like the owner of the place!
Next step is Chenonceau! On the way, get a good look at all the beautiful landscapes of Loire Valley, your guide will drive you through lovely typical villages and reveal you more hidden private châteaux. Once you arrive in Château de Chenonceau you will easily understand why it is the most visited private historical monument in France. Admire this unique château built on a bridge across the Cher River. With your guide, stroll through the beautiful gardens "à la Française" named after the famous ladies who lived there. Take your time to appreciate the feminine influence that prevails in each room of the château and admire the remarkable fresh flower decorations.
After this visit, your tour-guide will offer you to share a nice aperitif with local products in a secret little corner of the park, a spectacular day you will never forget.
• French pastries in the park of the Chateau.
• Guided visit of the unique Chateau de Chenonceau and its stunning gardens with a view on the river.
• Delicious local lunch prepared by the owner at a lovely family owned Chateau.
• Guided visit of the exceptional Chateau de Chambord, an architectural piece of art built for the King.
• French Aperitif with local products.
• Entrance fees & guided visits to 3 castles
• local delicacies, traditional lunch (3 course meal + cheese), local wines & aperitif
• Semi-private tour in English and French (max. of 8 pax)
• Friendly and professional local guide
• Transfers by minivan
•Departure from: Tours Tourist Office
•Valid from March 1st to March 31st: Every Saturday
•Valid from April 1st to October 31st: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking