Enjoy a complete discovery of Loire Valley with the visit of must-see Château de Villandry and its remarkable gardens. Then, live a French Art de Vivre experience away from the crowds and enjoy a French aperitif in an intimate family-owned château
where the owners still live today! In the afternoon, learn everything about Loire Valley wines by visiting two wine estates of the Vouvray Appellation, well-known for its sparkling and white wines.
9.00AM: Pick-Up in front of the Tourist Office in Tours
You will first visit the elegant must-see Chateau de Villandry and its unique gardens. Your guide will lead you through the different rooms of the chateau before taking you to admire the unique gardens. Then, you will enjoy a unique experience by visiting a family-owned chateau, where the owners still live! Your tour guide will show you the intimate rooms of the chateau before serving you a local delicacy paired with a glass of local wine in the Park of the chateau.
After this friendly and restful moment, you will head back in direction of Tours. From 1.30PM to 2.00PM, your tour guide will park in front of the Tourist Office and will give you 30 minutes of free-time. He will help you with recommendations of great French Boulangeries (bakeries) around to eat an extra snack if you wish :) At 2.00PM, you're off to Vouvray, a beautiful wine area full of passion-driven winegrowers !
First, you will meet a genuine French winemaker in a charming family-run estate! During this visit, you will improve your knowledge regarding wine-making and of course wine-tasting! The terroir of this wine area and its main grape variety of Chenin blanc allows the production of elegant white wines, dry, sweet or sparkling! All along the afternoon, your guide will help you to understand better the diversity of Loire wines and the different steps of wine-tasting.
Then, you will explore one of the famous underground caves and discover all the secrets of elaboration of the wines from one of the most ancient historical cellars, still using the "méthode traditionnelle". Your passionate guide will stay with you all along the tour, sharing with you funny anecdotes and all his knowledge of the region!
6.00 pm: Back to the Tourist Office in Tours.
• Discover the sober elegance of Château de Villandry, and its unique gardens.
• Visit and feel the intimacy of a private family chateau where the owners still live with their family
• Learn everything about the wine appellation of Vouvray
• Meet the local producers and taste some Loire wines
•Have a taste of French Art de Vivre enjoying a French aperitif in outstanding surroundings.
• Entrance fees and guidance to 2 castles
• Guided visits and tastings to 2 wine estates
• French aperitif with 1 glass of local wine and a local delicacy
• Friendly and professional local guide
• Semi private tour in English and French (max. of 8 pax)
• Transfers by minivan
• Lunch: free-time will be given to the participants in the city center of Tours from 1.30PM to 2.00PM to buy lunch (sandwich, salad…)
•Departure from: Tours Tourist Office
•Valid from May 1st to September 30th: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking